I will be featuring the top 10 boxers who had received highest points in their career. I will feature to you statistics only as of this writing. Although this may change soon in the future.
I will be including the active and inactive and let us see and know who they are. There are still things we need to learn about these boxers, especially we have not known or haven’t heard some of their names in the list. Probably we haven’t been born yet. Now lets start.
- Ezzard Mack Charles (July 7, 1921)- He was also known as the “Cincinnati Cobra”. He had the total points of 1853. He had total fights of 121, total win 95, total losses 25 and 1 draw. He was born in Lawrenceville, Georgia. He turned pro at age of 19. He is the featured photo.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr (February 24, 1977)-He was known as “Pretty Boy”,”Money”. He has a total points of 1453. He had total fights of 50, total wins 50, no defeat and draw. He turned pro at the age of 19.
- Archiebald Lee Wright (December 13, 1916)-He was known as Archie Moore where he grew up with his Aunt and Uncle, Cleveland and Willie Pearl Moore, who took care of him. He was nicknamed as “Mongoose”. He has a total points of 1311. He had a total wins of 186, total loss of 23 and 10 draws. He started boxing around 17 years old.
- Sugar Ray Robinson (May 3, 1921)-His real name is Walker Smith Jr. He was known as “Sugar Ray”(Sweet as sugar). He had a total points of 1165. He had a total wins of 174, total loss is 19 and 6 draws. He started pro at age of 19.
- Manny Pacquiao (December 17, 1978) -His real name is Emmanuel Pacquiao. He was known as “Pacman”. He had a total points of 1080. He had 62 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. He begun his pro at the age of 16.
- Bernard Hopkins (January 15, 1965)-His nickname is “The Executioner”. He had a total points of 981.6. He had a total wins of 55, 8 losses and 2 draws. He turned pro at 23 years old.
- Joe Calzaghe (March 23, 1972)-His real name is Joseph William Calzaghe. His nickname is “The Pride of Wales”, “The Italian Dragon”. He had a total points of 936.1. He had a total wins of 46, no loss and draw. He turned pro at the age of 21.
- Joe Louis (May 13, 1914)-His real name is Joseph Louis Barrow. He was known as the “Brown Bomber”. He had a total points of 932.6. He had a total wins of 67, 3 defeats and no draw. He turned pro at age of 23.
- Harry Greb (June 6, 1894)-His real name Edward Henry Greb. He was known as “The Pittsburg Windmill”. His total points is 862.9. His total wins is 261, 18 losses and 18 draws. He started his pro at age of 19.
- Andre Ward (Feb 23, 1984)-His nickname is “S.O.G. (Son of God)”. He had a total points of 845.1. He had a total wins of 32 with no loss and draw. He started his pro career at age of 20 years old.
Among the top 10:
- The top 1 spot Ezzard Charles, was the least known to many in this new generation.
- Manny Pacquiao is the youngest boxer who turned pro at 16 years old.
- Andre Ward is the youngest boxer who joins the rank at 36 years old (As of this writing).
- Only Mayweather (50-0), Joe Calzaghue (46-0) and Andre Ward (32-0) who retired undefeated.
- Only Harry Greb had the most wins at 261.
To boxing and beyond
I’m really impressed by how these legendary boxers beat the odds in their lifetime and made this huge impact in the sports of boxing and of course to the fans. Their records had set standards to the upcoming future boxers and somewhat inspired them. They will always be remembered in the history.